Sunday, February 6, 2011

Playing catch up- Halloween 2010!


It's pretty difficult to go months back and remember cute little details of every event. Luckily I have photos, always LOTS of photos, but I really need to commit to making time weekly to keep this blog updated. I started this blog as a way for Ava to have something tangible and accurate of what a truly incredible journey she has lead us on, how we have grown together as a family, and how her story has affected those who meet her. Also, this blog is a great means of communication for family and friends, a way for me to get all the facts and updates out there without numerous phone calls and repeated conversations. So the following few posts will be simple updates as to what has been going on in the world of Ava since the last time I was regularly posting, which was September of 2010. Eek! But once I am all caught up I promise to bring back the weekly updates. :) I hope....

For Halloween Miss Ava was a bit indecisive, she went from wanting to be Jessie from Toy Story, to Buzz Lightyear, to a Princess, to Minnie Mouse. She finally settled on Minnie, and was SO adorable! Ava even got to wear her Minnie costume to her ballet class, major cuteness overload...






See, if that isn't the most perfect lil Minnie I have ever seen, and I am not at all biased. ;) I even have video of the cuteness. This was the girl's first run through of their Winter Program recital, those who attended will see how much progress Miss Ava made from the end of October to the date of the recital. Proud of her!




The day before Halloween, we carved pumpkins. Ava chose.......Minnie Mouse. G chose Jack Skellington(woo!). The jack o lanterns turned out great!








On to Halloween though, the kids had so much fun. Starting with breakfast, which consisted of (very yummy!) pumpkin flavored jack o lantern pancakes, we used chocolate chips for the eyes, nose and mouths. I think I found the recipe on the Martha Stewart website, just add a lil pumpkin puree to the pancake batter. Delicious. For dinner, we made mummies(hot dogs dressed in strips of crescent roll dough), monster mouths(apple wedges with slivered almonds for teeth), and mini mummy pizzas(english muffins, pizza sauce, pepperoni, string cheese and olives). After they helped me make our festive dinner, we took the kiddos out trick or treating. Ava's brother Greg was dressed as Brian Wilson. He ROCKED that beard, and the big perk of that costume was getting game updates at almost every door. :)














Hope everyone else had a spooktacular Halloween!

No comments: