Thursday, July 15, 2010

Document Everything


Hi all, So these photos are on here a little late. They are from the photos we had taken by the amazingly talented Megan Squires at . She did such a fabulous job with Ava that this mama had a terrible time picking my favorites and narrowing it down.

Funny story. Megan is actually someone I knew from High School. I saw a little ad for her website on facebook one day, and fell in LOVE with her work. I actually had no idea who it was, until I read her about me bio and saw her photo. Then it clicked and I was like, "Oh I KNOW her!" And what I could remember of her, she was always super sweet and kind. So that along with the gorgeous and vibrant images I was staring at convinced me enough that I wanted her to capture Ava's next birthday and heart anniversary photos. SO glad I did! She was so unbelievably personable, patient and really had a knack for getting Ava to feel relaxed and comfortable. Most of the people who read this blog and know Ava well know that as of late(re:since all those hospitalizations for caths), she has a serious case of "stranger danger" going on. Which is not all that bad, except for the serious anxiety it brings with it. Eventually she warms up to everyone, though. No "eventually" was needed on this day, though. Ava loved "Mey-an" and actually still talks about her! It's very cute.

Anyhow. It was a very special day for us, the actual four year to the day anniversary of the day Miss Ava had her first life saving repair to her perfectly imperfect heart. She was only seven days old, not even 7 pounds, she was our tiny precious perfect little girl and to go from not knowing if you would ever be bringing your daughter home to watching her run around playing, dancing and full of smiles was something so special, something I will cherish forever. And I have AMAZING photographs to document it. Oh, and did I mention the stunning slide show complete with video and beautiful music she put together for us also?! Yeah. Thank you, Megan. Words cannot express the wonderful joy and precious memories you have captured for my family and I. :)








1 comment: